Adult Guardianship & Conservatorship
If you have a family member that is unable to care for themselves due to physical or mental incapacity, we can help protect their rights and make necessary legal arrangements to ensure their well-being.
BENEFITS OF ADULT CONSERVATORSHIP
- Helps prevent elder financial abuse by giving the conservator authority to manage the adult’s finances
- Gives clear legal authority to deal with third parties, such as banks, health care providers, or government agencies
- Provides processes to have a judge approve major decisions, such as selling property, making medical treatments, or changing living arrangements
Estate planning is the process of preparing for what will happen to your assets and financial affairs in the future. It involves making a will, setting up a revocable trust, preparing powers of attorney in the event of incapacity, and preparing a living will (advance health directive) and funding the trust in order to prevent probate.
- Protects your assets from creditors and lawsuits
- Ensures your wishes are fulfilled regarding your health care, finances, and property if you become incapacitated
- Provides for your immediate family and appoints guardians for your minor children
- Prevents costly and time consuming probate
- Protects and implements clients wishes
- Designates responsible and trusted individuals to serve as decisions makers in the event of incapacity
- Prevents adult guardianship
Simply explained, probate is a legal process that occurs after death. Arizona requires probate if assets exceed certain dollar limits, that are not dealt with through a trust or beneficiary designations. Essentially it is a court supervised administration of an estate following death. It involves proving the validity of a Will, designating the legal heirs, satisfying creditors and distributing the assets of the deceased person.
It is costly and consuming and should be avoided where possible. Often it is necessary when people do not properly prepare their estate plan.
We are highly experienced in all types of probate, and can assist in making the process as smooth as possible. Effective representation in a probate is vital.
BENEFITS OF PROBATE
- Protects the decedent’s wishes and heirs by having the court validate the will and oversee the distribution of assets
- Provides a public record of the estate administration which helps prevent fraud or disputes among beneficiaries
- Helps prevent future lawsuits or disputes
Real Estate Litigation
Real estate litigation is a type of legal dispute involving real property that can arise from various issues, such as breach of contract, failure to disclose defects, boundary disputes, or property rights. We are highly experienced in quiet title lawsuits, partition lawsuits, establishment of legal rights arising from adverse possession/prescriptive easement and boundary disputes.
BENEFITS OF HAVING A REAL ESTATE LITIGATION ATTORNEY
- Quickly resolve any disputes or issues that arise from contracts, title searches, or property defects
- Provides you with expert advise on the legal aspects of estate planning and trust administration
- Represents you in court should you face a lawsuit
Trust administration is the process of managing and distributing the assets of a trust according to the terms of the trust document. It involves tasks such as taking inventory of trust assets, paying debts, and filing reports and notices.
BENEFITS OF TRUST ADMINISTRATION
- Avoids probate and its costs, delays, and public exposure
- Follows the settlor’s wishes and distributes the assets to the beneficiaries
- Protects assets from creditors or lawsuits
I highly recommend Mr. Skinner for Real Estate legal matters and Estate planning. His knowledge, professionalism, and unwavering commitment to client satisfaction have consistently exceeded my expectations. I am grateful for his exceptional services over the years and confident that anyone who engages Mr. Skinner will be in excellent hands.